Call or text 502.387.3321

Louisville Premises liability Lawyer

Experience Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Kentucky

Louisville Slip and Fall Attorney

Premises liability entails any situation where you can hold a third party liable for an injury that occurred on their property. The most common premises liability claim is a “slip and fall.”

This is a negligence claim based on the allegation that the property owner failed to maintain his or her property in a safe condition, and that failure to maintain the property resulted in injury to a person. Under Kentucky law, the possessor of land has a duty to an invitee to maintain his property in a reasonable and safe condition and to use reasonable care to discover unsafe conditions.

When the possessor of land breaches this duty and it results in injury, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. These falls can take place on a business premises, parking lot, hotel, apartment complex, or in someone’s home. Unfortunately, injuries sustained from slip and falls can be very serious.

Reach Out FOR A FREE Case Evaluation

There is a wide range of injuries that can be sustained from these falls such as soft tissue injuries, chipped teeth, lacerations, broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, and even paralysis.

If you are injured in a fall, it is important to document the scene of the accident (take pictures, notes, etc.), report the fall, and seek medical treatment.

Remember, you only have a certain amount of time to settle your premises liability claim or file a lawsuit or your claim can be forever barred. Generally, the statute of limitation for a slip and fall claim is one year from the date of the incident. If you were injured in a slip and fall accident, call Zach Berry at 502-387-3321 for a free consultation.

Frequently Asked Questions About Premises Liability Cases

What should I do after I slip and fall?

If you experience an injury on someone else’s property the first thing you should do is report the fall and hazard immediately. Gather the names of any witnesses then seek medical treatment right away.

Should I take pictures?

Yes, take pictures of the hazard that caused you to fall. After you report your fall it is likely that the hazard will be fixed.

Should I talk to the property management or insurance company?

You should not speak with the insurance company or risk management department on the phone following you accident. Anything you tell them may be used against your case. Zach Berry can advise you and protect your interest by dealing with the insurance company for you.